Jan 21, 2021
Master of Education in ESE
The M.Ed. in Exceptional Student Education (ESE) is a fully online program with all 36 credit hours offered using an online delivery method.
- This program is ideal for the teacher desiring to advance his/her effectiveness, knowledge, and advanced employability.
- It is an outstanding educational degree for those desiring a stepping stone to a doctoral degree.
- The program can be completed in six consecutive semesters (in some cases you may be able to complete the program in only four or five semesters) although you are certainly allowed to go at a slower more manageable pace depending upon your current career situation.
- Fulfills the requirements for in-field Master’s pay.
- An essay on the topic, “Why I want to pursue my master’s degree at Southeastern University.” Address how the Master of Education will help you improve your current/future career and how you can integrate your Christian faith. This essay should be two to three pages long, include your full name, and use 12-point, Times New Roman font. It should be double-spaced with one-inch margins.
- A completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with evidence of one of the following
- a minimum GPA of 3.0
- a combined score of at least 300 on the Verbal and Quantitative sections of the GRE (Graduate Record Exam) and a 4.0 or higher on the Analytical Writing section of the GRE. GRE scores must be recent enough to be considered valid by ETS. (If you took the GRE prior to August of 2011 the combined score must be at least 1,000 on the Verbal and Quantitative sections.)
- For non-native English speakers a current TOEFL score at the mean level or higher.
- Official college transcripts
- Professional Reference
- Personal Reference
- Signed form of agreement to certify acknowledgement and compliance with SEU graduate policies, procedures, and regulations including the sexual harassment policy. (See form at end of this Graduate Catalog).
Core Courses (Online) (33 hours):
- EDUC 5113 Educational Research – 3 hours
- EDUC 5313 Foundations of ESE – 3 hours
- EDUC 5433 Research Based Practices of Reading and Writing Instruction – 3 hours
- ESED 5673 Framework for a Successful Inclusive Classroom – 3 hours
- ESED 5683 Positive Behavior Support – 3 hours
- ESED 5603 Assessment-Driven Instruction – 3 hours
- ESED 5623 Transition Program for Exceptional Adolescents/Young Adults – 3 hours
- ESED 5633 Educ. Students w/ High Incidence Disabilities in the Gen. Ed. Class. – 3 hours
- ESED 5643 Instructional Strategies for Students with Intellectual Disabilities – 3 hours
- ESED 5653 Instructional Techniques for ED and BD – 3 hours
- ESED 5663 Instructional Strategies for students with Autism – 3 hours
Electives – Choose One Course (3 hours)
- Any graduate level (5000+) course with an EDUC or TESL prefix.
Program Requirements - 33 Hours
Electives - 3 Hours
Choose any graduate level (5000+) course with any EDUC or TESL prefix.
Total Program Hours - 36 Hours