Doctorate in Strategic Leadership
The faculty and staff of the Jannetides College of Business and Entrepreneurial Leadership (JCBEL) welcome you as emerging doctors! We are excited to partner with you as you further your education at the highest levels. The PhD in Organizational Leadership and Doctorate in Strategic Leadership (PhD/DSL) are linked programs with separate outcomes. Students will take core courses together in their first two years. In the third year and beyond, PhD students will focus more on research methods in preparation for their dissertation. DSL students will complete more courses to help them in consulting and prepare for their capstone project. Courses contain face-to-face (F2F) residencies on SEU campus in Lakeland, Florida, and virtual asynchronous and synchronous components online.
Doctor of Strategic Leadership (DSL)
An applied, multidisciplinary program for individuals called to serve others as an organizational consultant, executive coach, or executive leader in business, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, government agencies, military, and ministry.
Students will use their Divine Design, God-given talents and passions, as Organizational Leadership scholars (PhD) and consultants (DSL) to serve Christ and the world in their life, careers and ministry, learning, and leadership. They will exemplify leader traits (Be), leadership studies (Know), and work in academia or business (Do).
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO)
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of leadership theory by analyzing and evaluating organization trends.
- Apply qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research to study and advise organizations.
- Conduct an organizational consulting assessment in order to inform clients of their vulnerabilities, mitigate them, and optimize organizational performance.
- Disseminate Strategic Leadership ideas via collaboration, advocacy, and literature.
- Organizational Consultant for business, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, government agencies, military, and ministry
- Executive Coach for business, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, government agencies, military, and ministry
- Executive Leadership for business, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, government agencies, military, and ministry
Prospective students must provide evidence of character, excellence in scholarship, experience with leadership, and potential to conduct scholarly research and presenting results at the doctoral level. Requirements:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Official transcripts are required.
- Resume or Curriculum Vita. We will holistically evaluate this to determine how the person’s past education and work experience have established a basis for continued development of higher-level academic skills in the study of leadership.
- Two professional letters of recommendation that address person’s character, experience with leadership, and ability to complete the doctoral program.
- Admission Essay that addresses why you chose SEU for your doctoral studies, your goals for the program, talents and experiences that can lead to success, and how you will contribute to others.
- Doctoral Writing Sample that demonstrates your research, writing, analytical, and problem-solving skills